Visa policy of Myanmar
Any foreign national who wishes to enter Myanmar must obtain a visa unless they are a citizen of one of the eligible visa exempt countries. All visitors to Myanmar must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months. Learn more
- Your passport must have at least (6) months validity.
- You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.6 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3)months.
- Visa, Master, American Express , JCB credit cards or Alipay are accepted for Online Visa payment.
Read more https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/
- The validity of e Visa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
- Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
- e Visa service is non refundable.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
- The processing time is up to 3 working days (Myanmar time) for normal Tourist Visa, and 24 hours for Tourist Visa Express Service. In all cases, processing time starts when the application acknowledgement e-mail is sent, after application is submitted and online payment is successful.
If the applicant has child(ren) under (7) years old on the same passport, you have to put the name of that child, date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
- Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
- The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
- There are Restricted Areas for Foreigners and Tourist travelling in the country. For more information of restricted areas go to mip.gov.mm.
- e Visa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
- Currently passengers with an e Visa enter via the following :
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
- Htee Khee Land Border Checkpoint
We will announce other port of entry in due course.
- If you are visiting Myanmar via a cruise, please contact your tour agent for pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You will not be able to use eVisa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
- If the decision is to not allow entry, you may return by the same flight.
- Singapore citizens (Singapore passport holders) do not require a visa for tourist visits of up to 30 days and you can enter and depart from all International Checkpoints.
|7||Viet Nam||14 days|
|3||Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China||30 days|
|4||Macau Special Administrative Region of China||30 days|
|No.||Country Name||No.||Country Name|
|46.||Italy||96.||United States of America|
The visa exemption Pilot Program has been extended until 30th September, 2020. Passport holders from the following countries do not require a visa for tourist visits of up to 30 days and will be able to enter and depart from all International Checkpoints.
Tourists must oblige to the law and procedures of Myanmar:
- are granted freedom to any permitted areas,
- are to refrain from visiting restricted areas in Myanmar,
- if Immigration and other ministries and departments can reject entry of specific tourists who can be make sense.
For more information> https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/Home/NoticeToTourist
Visa On Arrival
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar will allow the passport holders of the following countries to apply for Visa on Arrival (Tourist) in Myanmar for three year trial period with effect from 1st January, 2020:
(i) Austria (ii) Czech Republic
(iii) Hungary (iv) Luxembourg
(v) New Zealand
The terms and Conditions for the Visa on Arrival (Tourist) are as follows:-
(a) Visa on Arrival (Tourist) will be issued only to those arriving by air through the Entry points of Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw International airports.
(b) The fee for Visa on Arrival (Tourist) is US$ 50 and duration of stay in Myanmar is (30) days.
(c) Visa on Arrival will be granted for tourism purpose only.
(d) Duration of stay is not extendable.
(e) The visitors must adhere to the existing laws and regulations of Myanmar.
(f) Visitors are allowed to travel any tourist sites, except the areas restricted for security reasons.
(g) Concerned Security and immigration authorities have the right to deny granting Visa on Arrival if the applicants are found ineligible to enter into Myanmar.
(h) All visitors may leave Myanmar from any International Entry/Exit Points of the country.
The Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has announced that the ordinary passport holders from the following countries are eligible to apply for the Visa on Arrival (Tourist) in Myanmar starting from 1st October 2019 for one year probation period:
The terms and conditions of the Visa on Arrival are as follows:
- Holders of the ordinary passports from the above-mentioned countries who travel by the flight can apply for the Visa on Arrival (Tourist) at the Yangon International Airport, Mandalay International Airport and Nay Pyi Taw International Airport.
- Fee for Visa on Arrival (Tourist) is US$ 50 and the duration of stay (in Myanmar) is 30 days.
- The Visa on Arrival (Tourist) will be grated for the tourism purpose only.
- Extension of stays will not be granted.
- Applicant shall abide by the existing laws and rules and regulations of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Applicant can travel any places except the restricted area for the security reason.
- Concerned Security and Immigration authorities can deny the applicant’s entry into Myanmar.
- Applicant must depart from any International entry/ exist point of Myanmar.
More information: http://www.mip.gov.mm/on-arrival-visa/
- Chinese tourists with ordinary passports will be granted a visa on arrival at Yangon International Airport, Mandalay International Airport and Nay Pyi Taw International Airport for one year, effective from 1st October 2018 to 30th September 2019.
- Each person will be charged USD 50 and is allowed to stay for a maximum of 30 days.
- Tourist Visa will be granted to tourists who are in Myanmar for the sole purpose of visiting.
- Tourists are not allowed to extend their visa.
- Chinese tourists with ordinary passports (including Hong Kong and Macao) –
- must abide by the existing law and procedures of Myanmar
- are free to visit all permitted areas, except restricted areas
- can face entry permit rejection if their visitation is not allowed by immigration,not restricted areas and other related ministries
- are allowed departure from any international gateways